Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Breakfast Round-up

Because it's STILL winter here, a list of warm or otherwise comforting breakfast options. These have only been a slight consolation to the snow and ongoing dreariness.

Cream of Wheat with Egg and Vanilla- the pudding of hot cereals
mmmm

Oatmeal Bake- like a warm oatmeal cookie
(other recipes call for this to be soaked overnight, great for make-ahead)

Hot Grape Nuts-
just warm up Grape Nuts and Milk. Apple and cinnamon are good too

Buttermilk Pancakes-
The best, most fluffy pancakes I've ever had. Alton Brown via "the floured apron" blog

Sourdough Pancakes-
I dont use this recipe, just one a lot like it. You need a started but for some reason I cant stop craving the flavor of these. I almost like them better without an overnight ferment and a generous amount of starter.

Cannon Family roll-up pancakes
2c flour, 2 eggs, 2 c milk, a little vanilla. Basically thick crepes. The first recipe I ever learned. I eat them with butter and brown sugar, James thinks this is despicable.

Oat Groats-
The whole, unmilled oat berry. Cook overnight in a crockpot. 1.5/1 water/oat groats, approx. Chewy, almost like a tapioca.


She was really into this talk. 

1 comment:

Libby said...

I don't get it, how could roll ups with butter and sugar be despicable? what am I missing?