Sunday, April 5, 2009

What I'm trying right now.

Breads. Whole wheat variations. I have yet to perfect/find the perfect recipe that works for me. On my counter right now is Spelt bread from Breadtopia. Thanks for passing along the site mom, I have spent a lot of time looking at breads there. 
Im collecting Bread recipes and techniques. Does anyone have an opinion on sourdough starters vs yeast, no-knead varieties vs lots of knead, or bread making supplies? I plan on getting some personal lessons in the next few weeks and I will post the results!

3 comments:

Mom B said...

Wynn, I hope you don't mind me jumping in. These recipes are terrific and I plan to try several of them. Thanks.

This is a good web site. I know he is selling his red mill products, but the recipes are pretty good. http://www.bobsredmill.com/home.php

MomCan said...

Wynn, make sure you are using the GOOD flour. Better yet, gring your own everything. Fresh ground is not only better tasting but way more nutritious.

MomCan said...

That was supposed to be GRINDING your own....