Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Marriet's Crust

My Mom's friend sent me this crust recipe:
"Pie Crust made with Bread

3 Slices of whole wheat bread
¼ cup milk (soya or regular)
1 tbsp yeast (Red Star flake)
2 tbsp rolled oats
¼ cup oil (of your choice)
1 tbsp honey

Put the bread in the blender and shred it
In a 9-inch pie plate mix all the other ingredients
Add the shredded bread and press to the side of the pie plate
Cook or garnish according to your recipe
This is ideal for a quiche or a dessert pie."



It sounded so interesting and different than any other crust I've made and I used it to make a quiche. 
And I am pleased to report that it was satisfying, crumbly, light, flavorful, and substantial. 
Thank you so much for the recipe Marriet!!  I will definitely make this again. 





Quiche
mix together:
-6 eggs
-2 c warmed milk ( i used almond milk)
-3/4 slightly wilted spinach
-2 scallions
-3/4 c chevre (goat cheese),crumbled
-1 teaspoon of dill (optional)
-some salt and pepper
cook crust for 12 minutes at 425
pour in filling and cook at 325 for 30-40 minutes, or until browned and slightly jiggly in the middle.



2 comments:

Libby said...

those baby hands creeping in - too cute - more baby please!

and that looks amaazin.

MomCan said...

That hand....could not be sweeter. I hope she learns to cook as well as her mama. I loved this crust, I am anxious to try it. Thanks dear Marriet and dear Wynn. Loved this post.