Saturday, March 5, 2011

Winter meals

I have been trying to keep up with the blog mainly because I want to remember the things I want to make again. I tend to forget these great recipes I come across and this is helping me organize them. I am also trying to avoid inundating the family blogs with pictures of Acadia, so I post some here (I know that's the only reason you visit).
Cold days need warm and hearty meals. Sometimes I forget this and make some springy chipper something that just doesn't feel right. I have to remember it's also ok to make something of a nick-nack-patywack (a series of surprise snacks served, in place of a meal, by the most loving of mothers) for dark winter nights. Lately we'e been eating a lot of homemade bread with some roasted veggies, hummus, cheese, olives, simple salads, etc. No main course, no theme, no structure. And they seem to fit the days perfectly. 
This is how Acadia looked up at me for the last 15 minutes of a very cold walk.

3 comments:

Libby said...

More baby pictures.

Wynn said...

knew it

Rachel said...

I love that you have nick-nack-patywack for dinner. Thats my favorite kind of dinner. Also, I really love your blog and I am glad you are writing in it again.